• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Advanced line toning tricks

Started by CableWarrior, August 11, 2007, 11:35:45 pm

previous topic - next topic

wallfishman

Quote from: Enjoralas on October 29, 2009, 08:01:29 pm
My favorite tone method is my handheld. Pair it with my personal cell phone, call the hheld on my personal, put one on speakerphone, place near the tv and turn the volume way up. Go to the splitters, and start pulling lines while listening on the other phone. When the sound goes dead or static (analog) there's your line! Works through any amount of splitters.  :naughty:
thats some good shit there. i do something similar . i have the customer hold the stinger while im outside hitting the lines with jumper cables to my truck battery. when they scream thats the one....

RokitArmor

Quote from: wallfishman on January 06, 2010, 09:17:21 pm
that same company already makes a toner that has a barrell on it that does the same thing. it tones thru splitters . i have one somewhere.

http://mccartenco.net/product.php?productid=906&cat=8&page=1

I know, but does it have an rj11 jack on it? does it look for tel line 1 & 2 polarity as well?
NO SO SUCK IT AND LET ME LIVE IN MY EGO GLORY!
:rock:

no hard feeling, it's just that I need to feel like I actually did something useful for once in my life.

slacker05

Slacker: Always.

CCT5, Keystone

Quote from: sleepinwitdcablguy on December 23, 2007, 04:53:14 pm
I wish stupid hurt. 

Quote from: Decoy on September 20, 2010, 10:25:36 am
In the pursuit of numbers customer service suffers.

wallfishman

Quote from: RokitArmor on January 06, 2010, 11:03:37 pm
Quote from: wallfishman on January 06, 2010, 09:17:21 pm
that same company already makes a toner that has a barrell on it that does the same thing. it tones thru splitters . i have one somewhere.

http://mccartenco.net/product.php?productid=906&cat=8&page=1

I know, but does it have an rj11 jack on it? does it look for tel line 1 & 2 polarity as well?
NO SO SUCK IT AND LET ME LIVE IN MY EGO GLORY!
:rock:

no hard feeling, it's just that I need to feel like I actually did something useful for once in my life.

listen i didnt mean to make you feel useless and inferior or anything. Truth be told you are very creative and have lots of potential. Ill send slacker over to give you a hug...haha

RokitArmor

slacker05

whoa, whoa.  whoa.  that's chappy's area of expertise.

i will however sign up for a rokit manufactured mega-ego-enhancing supertoners to help declare my superiority to my peers and such.
Slacker: Always.

CCT5, Keystone

Quote from: sleepinwitdcablguy on December 23, 2007, 04:53:14 pm
I wish stupid hurt. 

Quote from: Decoy on September 20, 2010, 10:25:36 am
In the pursuit of numbers customer service suffers.

CableTool

Hanging on my tool belt right now. Now that Im with my maintenance guys I end up doing a lot of MDU audits for Node Health. Which means I also need to tone a lot of shit out when they come out yelling. :)