• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Goodies not provided by employer

Started by CableDaddy3, December 18, 2007, 01:41:40 pm

previous topic - next topic

compucast9643

flaring tool, I ordered one after the third day on the job, along with a trap shield tool, surprisingly not provided... that thing works nice for inserting and removing connections on a crowded tap, only problem is, now i gotta either get a new one, or get mine back from my supervisor, who "borrowed" it on a job on saturday  :duh: I also find that I find much more sturdy security tools on ebay than are provided to me by my employer. I feel that there are much more helpful tools out there, but I cant think of what to look for!!

IamDonSharp

Chaplin

Yea, They work great at pulling pads also.

Quote from: slacker05 on December 01, 2009, 05:13:02 pm
way to go chappy!  that was the most abrupt hijack i've ever seen on here!  :sixer:

jabbu

I like the originals for scotchloks better.

Helter

Quote from: jabbu on March 19, 2008, 09:25:50 pm
I like the originals for scotchloks better.

http://store.phonetx.com/3649-0000n.html

This is what we get, I like them fine, but I can see the advantage of having the needle nose extensions so that you have 2 tools in one, but I just use my snips [which is probably wrong but works fine, my father taught me to do this when I was like 10 and he worked for AT&T before the bell break ups.]
Cable dictionary
Masochism - Setting DSLR as your home page.
Sadism - Setting other cable tech's homepage as DSLR.

ranger2408

We were also issued modified golf ball retrievers a while back. They used bolt cutters to cut the end into a hook and they're intended to grab the pile of cable you shove into an attic eave without having to maneuver yourself all the way over to grab it. It was super handy until I left mine in an attic somewhere in this city.  :cry: Oops. 
[/quote]

I saw something cool at lowes a week or so back, it looks like a car antenna but the end is curved.
Its extendable and about 25 bucks, a little expensive for what it is but it is interesting, better than carrying a lay up stick into the attic.
Prolly about the size of a pen in unextended form.

steelhead78

Is that you, Ranger?  You're back!  Have a beer! :cheers: :pint:
Comcast- Blairsville, PA

This is like a think-tank of nothing.

ranger2408

maxpower

I have to use simulators from 3rd party websites because the provided ones are not up to date. Other than that I have good tools at my disposal for the most part WHEN THEY WORK. We have 2 different applications for polling modems/streets/nodes/ etc.. Lately it seems like on almost a daily basis it goes down for some period of time or just works intermittently all day. Imagine trying to use your drill and it doesn't but you pull the trigger a few times and it works for a minute, then stops working.
Most people think cable is just a simple coax that comes out of the wall. They never take the time to understand how it works.

Customer: "There shouldn't be a problem inside. I hooked the boxes up myself."

CableDaddy3

Quote from: dj4man on February 10, 2008, 03:14:22 pm
I feel like every day I worked as a contractor was a day stolen from me.

Quote from: CableTool on December 18, 2007, 01:53:02 pm
They have like.. yellow crumbely crap on em? And smell odd.
In any event, tonight Ill clean em up and give one a whirl...

http://adam-tech.blogspot.com/

maxpower

Most people think cable is just a simple coax that comes out of the wall. They never take the time to understand how it works.

Customer: "There shouldn't be a problem inside. I hooked the boxes up myself."