• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

looking for better compression tool.....

Started by slacker05, January 17, 2008, 03:44:57 pm

previous topic - next topic

slacker05

our corp switched from tnb snap n seals to ppc ex fittings 2 months ago and i'm finally out of my stock of snap n seals.   :(  i know there were a few different compression tools available for snap n seal.  my favorite was this one.

with the ppc connectors this was the tool supplied.  not a fan. 

does anyone know if there is something available for ppc ex connectors like the tool in the first pic?  i know that the ppc tool does .59 thru .320 including rg7 and rg11 and the tnb style requires two different tools for the same thing.

if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Slacker: Always.

CCT5, Keystone

Quote from: sleepinwitdcablguy on December 23, 2007, 04:53:14 pm
I wish stupid hurt. 

Quote from: Decoy on September 20, 2010, 10:25:36 am
In the pursuit of numbers customer service suffers.

cableguy66

One of the systems I worked for when I was a contractor handed this one out for the PPC EX series. 

http://www.yourbroadbandstore.com/product.php?pid=212747&r=CPC01

I like that one a lot more than that one you posted and I still have it.  However, in my opinion, the green one above works a lot better for the larger gauge cable and the one I posted is better for 59 & 6. 
What's the matter kid?  Doncha like clowns? Why?  Don't we make ya laugh??  Aren't we fuckin' funny? ? ?

Hardlife

We had those, still my preference as a matter of fact. Now their issuing these.
www.budcocable.com has a bunch of different ones.
Comcast

"Welcome to the Coalition of the Abused"

Quote from: slacker05 on July 04, 2008, 07:55:43 pm
Quota optimization.  otherwise known as lube

CableTool

We use the Sargents like Hardlife posted in my area as well. Im a fan of anything that does 6 and 11 with a single adjustment. I remember back in the day having two sets of tools. One for 11 and one for 6..

slacker05

thanks for the replies guys.......   looks like i'm stuck for now.

CCT5, Keystone

I wish stupid hurt. 

CableDaddy3

I agree, the plier style is much faster than the others. Unfortunately when I left WOW I kept the other style tool for myself instead of the plier one because I wanted to keep the ability to compress both 11 and 6.
Quote from: dj4man on February 10, 2008, 03:14:22 pm
I feel like every day I worked as a contractor was a day stolen from me.

Quote from: CableTool on December 18, 2007, 01:53:02 pm
They have like.. yellow crumbely crap on em? And smell odd.
In any event, tonight Ill clean em up and give one a whirl...

http://adam-tech.blogspot.com/

specktwc

we have both the sargent tools model and the green handle model in my system. I prefer the sargent tools model
SpeckTWC
Senior Customer Service Technician
Time Warner Cable Southwest OH
Area 2-Dayton

While I work for Time Warner Cable, the opinions I voice on these forums are strictly personal in nature

Helter

http://www.pctinternational.com/_products/northamer/connectors/tools/drs.html left side, I like it, other than the slip to hold the handle down broke off so it sucks to carry it in a tool belt pouch.
Cable dictionary
Masochism - Setting DSLR as your home page.
Sadism - Setting other cable tech's homepage as DSLR.

CableTool

Thats what I use. No good for 11 fittings but I always crush the fittings with the Sargent tool.

Helter

Quote from: CableTool on February 11, 2008, 09:47:58 am
Thats what I use. No good for 11 fittings but I always crush the fittings with the Sargent tool.

works just fine for our 11/7 fittings. Only problem I have is digicon fittings [still use them for 59 and quad sometimes], you have to unscrew the compressor fitting to extend it a bit, or they don't compress completely.
Cable dictionary
Masochism - Setting DSLR as your home page.
Sadism - Setting other cable tech's homepage as DSLR.

Cableteked

One of the main suppliers to Comcast for tools is located here in Denver. They carry just about everything for cable installers.

http://www.customtoolsupply.com/catalog.php?cPath=42

slacker05

CCT5, Keystone

I wish stupid hurt. 

NoPegs

GNO

"A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

NoPegs

Remember that tech from pottsville who just disappeared, they found his van in a ditch the next week with blood on the seats and all the tools removed?  :naughty: :naughty: yeah, I confess...  :cry:  :pirate:

In reality, if I remember correctly, I paid *way* too much for it back in like 1999/2000 from lanshack.com...

Amazon has them now, and plugging it in to e-bay yielded a few results... The cheaper ones just don't do BNC/RCA is all...

http://www.amazon.com/Steren-Professional-Compression-Crimp-204-036/dp/B000EA1LJK

My exact model...