• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Best Call center Orders

Started by Phugg, March 06, 2008, 07:10:57 pm

previous topic - next topic

orlcabletech

Had a good WTF one today, first oddball one I have had in a while.  Problem code was for a digital box problem, W/O comments said "install home networking"   :wtf:   I had no clue if the job was a install, trouble call, both???

Rolled out to the house, they state everything on the tv is great, they just cant get online on the laptop over wireless.  Home networking had already been installed, but was never setup right.  Quick configuration of the wireless and out the door.  :)   

I really think they just pick random problem codes when setting up the calls, because 7 out of 10 calls I get are not at all related to the problem code.

BeachinTech

Most likely it's so they can fit it in quota. X amount of each call allowed, etc.
To err is human, but it takes a computer to really foul things up.

infra

So i'm not even going to say how long it took me to figure out what the hell NBS meant.

I got T/C's that all they said was NBS for so long before No Block Sync occurred to me   :duh:
>_<  Seriously?

RokitArmor

Yeah it took me 6 months to figure out what MNL was... i figured it meant mainline or something.. Modem Not Locking.

RF2Lite2RF

I love the trouble calls with nothing but the remedy trouble ticket # in the comment...

Trouble Call - 8042690xxx - Ordered:11/10/2010 7:34:00 PM - Work Sched.:11/11/2010
> 8042690xxx CR22649xxxx

thats useful! thanks!
"C* giveth... and C* taketh away..."

slacker05

funny, i had 3 of those today.  i wanted to call the cc and ask them if they thought i had access to the ticket system, and then make them look up the ticket to tell me what the hell the problem was.
Slacker: Always.

CCT5, Keystone

Quote from: sleepinwitdcablguy on December 23, 2007, 04:53:14 pm
I wish stupid hurt. 

Quote from: Decoy on September 20, 2010, 10:25:36 am
In the pursuit of numbers customer service suffers.

Cableguy

Quote from: RokitArmor on November 10, 2010, 07:23:37 pm
Yeah it took me 6 months to figure out what MNL was... i figured it meant mainline or something.. Modem Not Locking.

I never heard that one before just now.
Science shouldn't lie just to make you more comfortable. That's religion's job.

Enjoralas

Not exactly the same as a Call center order but along these lines, my first week at my new shop last week I called my sup and told him I had a maintenance referral for 10/7 at the tap. He asked what the modem carrier level was. I said, it's 10/7. He asked if it was 10 or 7. That's when I said, "Ah, you guys don't use 10-codes up here, do you?" lol

Also in that first week, he asked why one of my work orders wasn't signed, I said look again, that's a DAPO. "A what?" Oh, you guys don't use that term either.  . .

steelhead78

Even though we don't use DAPO, I figured that one out.  Still not sure what a 10 code is?
Comcast- Blairsville, PA

This is like a think-tank of nothing.

BeachinTech

Quote from: steelhead78 on November 11, 2010, 06:43:38 am
Even though we don't use DAPO, I figured that one out.  Still not sure what a 10 code is?

10/7 means all out.

We use 10/7, DAPO, RAPO, TAPO, frequently.
To err is human, but it takes a computer to really foul things up.

Enjoralas

Quote from: steelhead78 on November 11, 2010, 06:43:38 am

10 codes are most commonly used by the police, but also often on CB radio, for brevity. When I first started our primary communication with our dispatcher was two way radio, so I am guessing that's why they used them, but it has bled over to phone and even face to face communication. The ones we used were:

10-7 all services out, or the service out being described ie, CDV is 10-7
10-8 customer is in service
10-4 copy (everyone knows that one!)
10-20 request for location
10-24 completed
10-44 verify not home

I think there were a few more we used, but it's been a couple of years since I used them so it's a bit fuzzy. A list of the general ones is http://greg.halpin.com/10-codes.jpg