• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Drill you use?

Started by ranger2408, May 15, 2008, 09:28:40 pm

previous topic - next topic

ranger2408

I was using a craftsman 19.2 volt hammer drill but the battery was crap.
So i bought an hitachi 18 v lithium ion for 316 dollars.
the thing really kicks ass, i can pound my way through anything i need to.
Takes 45 minutes to fully charge, has constant power throughput, tons of torque and the batteries last forever.

http://www.paulbmoyer.net/servlet/the-331/HITACHI-DV18DL-18Volt-Lithium/Detail

jeffmoss26

I have an older Dewalt 18 volt that is my uncle's but he lets me use it. The batteries are starting to go I think..the one does not charge at all...time to buy my own :)
Jeff
'I like, how much?"

slacker05

company issued 18v dewalt 1/2" hammer.  been through 3 in 4 years.  they don't like falling from ladders.   :duh:
Slacker: Always.

CCT5, Keystone

Quote from: sleepinwitdcablguy on December 23, 2007, 04:53:14 pm
I wish stupid hurt. 

Quote from: Decoy on September 20, 2010, 10:25:36 am
In the pursuit of numbers customer service suffers.

CableTech

I use a company issued makita 14.5. About 4 years old just keeps running and running.

CableDaddy3

Quote from: CableTech on May 16, 2008, 06:50:18 am
I use a company issued makita 14.5. About 4 years old just keeps running and running.

I still got my 14.4 Dewalt from 3 years ago and runs like a charm. MY friend has a 24v off brand and we had a few tests to run. Mine drilled holes about 1 million times faster and went as long as the drill bit through a tree where his died out. So, conclusion, volatage means nothing it's the brand that counts. Then voltage within the brand.
Quote from: dj4man on February 10, 2008, 03:14:22 pm
I feel like every day I worked as a contractor was a day stolen from me.

Quote from: CableTool on December 18, 2007, 01:53:02 pm
They have like.. yellow crumbely crap on em? And smell odd.
In any event, tonight Ill clean em up and give one a whirl...

http://adam-tech.blogspot.com/

AK Cable

Milwaukee Rotary 110 AC/V  For up to 2"holes
Dewalt  Hammer/Dril 110 AC/V 1/2" and under
Dewalt 18v Cordless
Ryobi 18 v cordless

The Ryobi is a great drill/driver for doing sheetrock work but is no comparison to the Dewalt for drilling lags through house beams.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

"If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Not because it's any kind of duty. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. I could die for you. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you."

maxpower

I have a Craftsman 19.2 I got for my birthday. It seems to work fine but it only sees light work (I don't use it at my job either.)
Most people think cable is just a simple coax that comes out of the wall. They never take the time to understand how it works.

Customer: "There shouldn't be a problem inside. I hooked the boxes up myself."

slacker05

Quote from: maxpower on May 16, 2008, 11:41:36 am
I have a Craftsman 19.2 I got for my birthday. It seems to work fine but it only sees light work (I don't use it at my job either.)

why not?  you could pull an office space and give yourself a nice corner window view.....  :pirate:
Slacker: Always.

CCT5, Keystone

Quote from: sleepinwitdcablguy on December 23, 2007, 04:53:14 pm
I wish stupid hurt. 

Quote from: Decoy on September 20, 2010, 10:25:36 am
In the pursuit of numbers customer service suffers.

jeffmoss26

I got to use a Bosch SDS roto hammer last summer on a cabling job I did. That thing packs a punch!
Jeff
'I like, how much?"

Hardlife

Quote from: jeffmoss26 on May 16, 2008, 07:20:12 pm
I got to use a Bosch SDS roto hammer last summer on a cabling job I did. That thing packs a punch!

They are GREAT on winter outages.
Comcast

"Welcome to the Coalition of the Abused"

Quote from: slacker05 on July 04, 2008, 07:55:43 pm
Quota optimization.  otherwise known as lube

jeffmoss26

I had to drill through a bunch of concrete block walls in a warehouse to run cable for CCTV cameras. Nothing like using a drill that can rip your arm off while 15 feet in the air on a scissor lift :)
Jeff
'I like, how much?"

maxpower

When I used to work at a hotel the chief engineer brought in his bosch hammer drill (forgot why.) We had a blast drilling random holes in the cement shop floor. That drill cut through the cement like it was butter. Warm butter even.
Most people think cable is just a simple coax that comes out of the wall. They never take the time to understand how it works.

Customer: "There shouldn't be a problem inside. I hooked the boxes up myself."

jabbu

Speaking on drills...

Do you guys charge your drills with the inverters or at home/office?

The inverters produce a wave that is not good for batteries? People always say their inverters killed their battery packs around here. I used to charge them at home, but we got some spanking new 1500 inverters in the new trucks and i decided to just use it, but it does say in the manual about it being a synwave or something and packs don't hold up well with that wave.

ranger2408

ooooooops.
i did that with my craftsman, no wonder the batteries crapped out.
My hitachi gets charged at home because it destroyed my last inverter.

jaycableguy

18 volt Ryobi cordless

18 volt dewalt xrp cordless Hammerdrill/Drill  that my new one i bought back in feb my other burned out