• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

DCX DVR - Up And Running

Started by SKL, March 12, 2009, 11:15:15 pm

previous topic - next topic

SKL

Finally got these bad boys to show a picture...

Touch panel - no buttons

250 GB

Now on to those Ambit D3 Modems . . .
SKL's Warehouse, "If It's in stock, we got it!"

slacker05

Slacker: Always.

CCT5, Keystone

Quote from: sleepinwitdcablguy on December 23, 2007, 04:53:14 pm
I wish stupid hurt. 

Quote from: Decoy on September 20, 2010, 10:25:36 am
In the pursuit of numbers customer service suffers.

Cableguy

Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie! I have 2 dvr's at my house & I'm all ready to swap out my main one for one of these when they hit my warehouse. I can't believe Comcast actually went with the 250gb harddrive option! Sweet!
Science shouldn't lie just to make you more comfortable. That's religion's job.

slacker05

if i ever find that money tree, i'm starting to think i might get one of these:

http://moxi.com/moxi/index.html

yeah, no vod.  but the software is way better than our comcast stuff.  more storage, expandable storage.  and no monthly subscription, unlike tivo and my ever shrinking courtesy company dvr discount.

coworker of mine just installed an m-card in one of these today and said it was slick and quick.  and better than tivo.

CCT5, Keystone

I wish stupid hurt. 

Cableguy

slacker05

yeah like i said, where's the money tree?

if it were $400.  i'd be all over it, right now.

CCT5, Keystone

I wish stupid hurt. 

Cableguy

Pretty sad that just the additional 9 hours of HD recording on the DCX box has me happy.  :(

JoeW

nice are they fully released yet? Is there anything special to do on the install?

TKTowman

Damn you Slacker!! I want one!!  :duh:
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the end.
Quote from: cableguy66Welcome.  Most of us are just alcoholics with a cable problem, but I am sure you'll learn a lot here.   :pint:  ;D

slacker05

yeah i'm evil that way.

let me know if you want to see all the other tech toys on my wish list.  i'm gonna need a forest of money trees soon. 

i could single handedly turn this recession around buying the stuff on that damn list.

CCT5, Keystone

I wish stupid hurt. 

SKL

Quote from: JoeW on March 13, 2009, 07:08:04 pm
nice are they fully released yet? Is there anything special to do on the install?

If you'd ever installed a DCH it's the exact same process. The weirdest thing is that touch panel - no buttons. I wonder how it will hold up in regular issue & reissue. The top cover has no openings - can't collect all the dimes we find in returns. Or candle wax. Or cat hair.

After it passed a quick lab test I had one put on the office account, swapped out the DCH DVR in my office. Box came back on with a picture as expected. Only problem I have is occasional 'green screen of death' on HDMI. Not ready to take one home to the wife who put up with repeated freeze ups on a DCH.

It's very quiet - at least when new.

All the information literature from the ministry of propoganda states that the DCX must be controlled by the new dark silver "RNG Remote". Bull :shit: , an old silver torpedo works it fine.

Channel/clock display is super bright.

I'll get a snapshot of the back panel next week

Cableguy

Quote from: SKL on March 14, 2009, 09:20:00 amThe weirdest thing is that touch panel - no buttons. I wonder how it will hold up in regular issue & reissue.

Only problem I have is occasional 'green screen of death' on HDMI. Not ready to take one home to the wife who put up with repeated freeze ups on a DCH.

Channel/clock display is super bright.

Touch panel looks pretty neat, I would think this would hold up better then the current buttons that can/do break off occasionally.

I can't believe they still can't squash that green screen bug that's affecting the current DVR's.

I doubt they'd bother putting any kind of option in there, but it would be nice if the front display had a couple brightness settings in it.

Cableguy

I uploaded two .pdf's about the new DCX to the ftp (under the 'misc download' folder) if anyone is interested, they're also attachments at the end of this post. Also grabbed a couple pics from those pdfs of the front & back, SKL can verify if they match. It looks like they finally have 2 sets of analog audio (red/white) outputs on these things. Although one is fixed & the other is variable. Looking forward to seeing them in person.

SKL

That's correct - the version I have is the same with the variable audio out. I have one picture but it's too ugly to publish.

Those 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 boxes on the left side are where all the barcodes are. Good for over the phone help "read off the numbers in box #5". Warehouse has to scan all 5 to enter in system.

The icons between the display and the select buttons - the jaggy one <|> blinks as the box is loading I think. It blinked while in burn-in, and ceased it's blinking once all guides & menus loaded.

JoeW

are these going to be available in all comcast systems? only adelphia? or only comcast original?