• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

EMTA Provisioning

Started by MNMaintenance, November 09, 2010, 11:29:05 pm

previous topic - next topic

MNMaintenance

I'm driving leakage today, and I get flagged down by someone that is having problems with his phone.  He is able to receive incoming phone calls, but is only able to make calls to other numbers with his same dialing prefix.  Because of this, he can't call the local customer service phone number, as well as the 800 phone number.  Sounds like a provisioning problem to me.  I don't deal with this normally, so I get a hold of a service supervisor.  He tells me to call this particular phone number, and choose option 2.  Sure enough, option two is labeled as phone provisioning.  I get through to a lady, who asks me for a tech number and job number.  I explain that I was stopped on the road, and I don't have a job number, I am trying to help out this customer, and he can't call into customer service to schedule a job.  She again asks me for my tech number and job number.  I again tell her I don't have a job number.  She tells me to tell the customer to call customer service and set up a job, and hangs up on me.  I called the supervisor back, and tell him what happens.  He remembered after he hung up with me the first time that yes, they wouldn't help me without that information.  He took down the information, and sent it to fulfillment to deal with. 

Way to make it easy to help out a customer!

Helter

Quote from: MNMaintenance on November 09, 2010, 11:29:05 pm
I'm driving leakage today, and I get flagged down by someone that is having problems with his phone.  He is able to receive incoming phone calls, but is only able to make calls to other numbers with his same dialing prefix.  Because of this, he can't call the local customer service phone number, as well as the 800 phone number.  Sounds like a provisioning problem to me.  I don't deal with this normally, so I get a hold of a service supervisor.  He tells me to call this particular phone number, and choose option 2.  Sure enough, option two is labeled as phone provisioning.  I get through to a lady, who asks me for a tech number and job number.  I explain that I was stopped on the road, and I don't have a job number, I am trying to help out this customer, and he can't call into customer service to schedule a job.  She again asks me for my tech number and job number.  I again tell her I don't have a job number.  She tells me to tell the customer to call customer service and set up a job, and hangs up on me.  I called the supervisor back, and tell him what happens.  He remembered after he hung up with me the first time that yes, they wouldn't help me without that information.  He took down the information, and sent it to fulfillment to deal with. 

Way to make it easy to help out a customer!

Hah! You got off easy. You should try out DOI support in the Philippines. Only 3 calls to get it working, so fucking unfair.
Cable dictionary
Masochism - Setting DSLR as your home page.
Sadism - Setting other cable tech's homepage as DSLR.

steelhead78

We have had a similar issue numerous times, usually with business fax numbers.  The difference was they were able to send anywhere, receive from anyone on Comcast's system, but only receive from other people in other area codes.  Anything local would not come through.  Some BS that had to do with the port from Verizon.
Comcast- Blairsville, PA

This is like a think-tank of nothing.

JoeW

Around here that would mean they are in seasonal mode. From November 1st to I think April 1st phone goes to local calling only and 911.

MNMaintenance

Quote from: JoeW on November 11, 2010, 03:54:30 pm
Around here that would mean they are in seasonal mode. From November 1st to I think April 1st phone goes to local calling only and 911.

Hmm.  I have never heard of that before here.  I don't know if we offer that.  I don't know if he was ever taken care of.  The best part is that he had just switched from Qwest because he was having too many problems with them.  'Welcome to Comcast.'