• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

arris reset

Started by wallfishman, March 04, 2007, 10:29:43 am

previous topic - next topic

maxpower

Quoteyou must be reading box specs, thats not true, you can reset an arris, and as soon as the lights are back ,....you have dial tone and ip......more like 30 secs......

Ive seen it take 30 seconds, and I had one today that took about 8 minutes. The modem was 'online' but it took much additional time to 'register with the telephony server.' When it takes that long I usually end up putting people on hold so they don't bitch about other not problems.
Most people think cable is just a simple coax that comes out of the wall. They never take the time to understand how it works.

Customer: "There shouldn't be a problem inside. I hooked the boxes up myself."

cg1492

I have seen that alot where the arris modems are not able to register with the telephony dhcp server and will not get dial tone back.  They have no problems reaching the chsi dhcp, but when it comes to the telephony side sometimes they just won't reach it.
? Wow, I get paid to watch commercials all day long ?

That's a Comcastic connection!

maxpower

I had one the other day where the person left their phone off the hook when I did the reset. Their phone service came back on as soon as the eMta did.  Could someone try this to see if lifting the phone makes the eMta register faster?
Most people think cable is just a simple coax that comes out of the wall. They never take the time to understand how it works.

Super Fly Cable Guy

On the Arris Diagnostics screen does everyone elses modem screen have Passwithwarnings for the MTA???   ??? ??? ???

Interface Parameters 
Interface Name Provisioned State Speed MAC address
LAN      Enabled                         UP 100 (Full)  00-15-96-D8-81-37
CABLE   Enabled                         UP ----         00-15-96-D8-81-38
USB      Enabled                         DOWN 12       00-15-96-D8-81-3A
MTA      passWithWarnings           UP ----         00-15-96-D8-81-39  ??????????????

Does this mean upstream warnings????  Problems?   WTF!!??!?!?!!!!!

Mediacom Communications BFE, Kentucky !
"It's only Roadside if you make the Road !"

http://www.myspace.com/zax42071

FanaticGamer

Quote from: mzacharko on March 27, 2007, 07:21:34 pm
On the Arris Diagnostics screen does everyone elses modem screen have Passwithwarnings for the MTA???   ??? ??? ???

Interface Parameters 
MTA      passWithWarnings           UP ----         00-15-96-D8-81-39  ??????????????

Its so funny.... Provisioning says it means ABSOLUTELY nothing!!! I spoke with the Head of CDV Training in Jacksonville, and she said the same thing hahahaha
-FG
New Accounts and Video Team Lead, Self-Trained on CHSI/CDV.

Jacksonville, FL (also trained in Savannah, with experience in Charleston and Augusta)^^

maxpower

Pretty much every one I see says Pass with warnings. This is on Cox. I never understood how the provisioning worked on an eMta. Every one I pull up shows 8meg down 800k up regardless of their subscribed internet speed. Anyone have an idea?

cg1492

There was a bug floating around our system where the emta in vsm showing 64K up / 64 K down for chsi speeds regaurdless of what service level they had.  When you asked how the internet was doing they said fine not slow at all.
? Wow, I get paid to watch commercials all day long ?

That's a Comcastic connection!

Super Fly Cable Guy

Well I had enough of waiting so I called ARRIS today. Turns out the firmware that is loaded on my Tele/Modem is old...very old to quote.
Firmware Name: TS040559_022406_MODEL_4_5_TELNET_ON  <--- Is old firmware version
There is a 5.0.5 version that is going to be uploaded asap per the NOC, after they were notified about the issue. Hopefully that will put an end to the telephony bug that we have been having.... ;)

CableTool

maxpower

Another one today. Reset emta, telephone 1/2 flashing for about two minutes. For ghits and shiggles I had the customer pick up her phone. Telephone one went solid, and customer had dialtone. Can any field tech try or confirm that taking the phone off hook forces the emta to register? Thanks.

Super Fly Cable Guy

Quote from: FanaticGamer on March 27, 2007, 08:42:12 pm

Interface Parameters 

Its so funny.... Provisioning says it means ABSOLUTELY nothing!!! I spoke with the Head of CDV Training in Jacksonville, and she said the same thing hahahaha
-FG

For those who are interested in the Status Page (192.168.100.1) of the Arris Telephony modems......

Interface Parameters
Interface Name  Provisioned  State  Speed  MAC address 
LAN          Enabled                   UP        100 (Full)  00-15-96-D8-81-37 
CABLE       Enabled                   UP               ----  00-15-96-D8-81-38 
USB          Enabled                   DOWN             12  00-15-96-D8-81-3A 
MTA          passWithWarnings     UP               ----  00-15-96-D8-81-39

*************************************************************************************************************************

Basically, passWithWarning means the config file had proper value for all the mandatory parameters but had errors in optional parameters (including any vendors specific OID which are incorrect or not known to the MTA). Thus, go through your config file and check for vendor specific OID, it should be set to ARRIS etc...

per Arris Techncial Support

FanaticGamer

Quote from: mzacharko on April 06, 2007, 05:10:58 pm
Quote from: FanaticGamer on March 27, 2007, 08:42:12 pm

Interface Parameters 

-FG

For those who are interested in the Status Page (192.168.100.1) of the Arris Telephony modems......

Interface Parameters
Interface Name  Provisioned  State  Speed  MAC address 
LAN          Enabled                   UP        100 (Full)  00-15-96-D8-81-37 
CABLE       Enabled                   UP               ----  00-15-96-D8-81-38 
USB          Enabled                   DOWN             12  00-15-96-D8-81-3A 
MTA          passWithWarnings     UP               ----  00-15-96-D8-81-39

*************************************************************************************************************************

Basically, passWithWarning means the config file had proper value for all the mandatory parameters but had errors in optional parameters (including any vendors specific OID which are incorrect or not known to the MTA). Thus, go through your config file and check for vendor specific OID, it should be set to ARRIS etc...

per Arris Techncial Support

Cool. I'll pass it on.
-FG
New Accounts and Video Team Lead, Self-Trained on CHSI/CDV.

Jacksonville, FL (also trained in Savannah, with experience in Charleston and Augusta)^^

maxpower

What is OID? I've seen this thing on our modem pull up status page thingy called OID poller.

Super Fly Cable Guy

I did email my contact at Arris for the answer to that question. I'll get it to ya ASAP

wee96

I'm happy with my 402p with two batteries :D The reset button is the same as unplugging/taking battery out, whoever said it isn't (on dslr) is an idiot. Reset kills the power for a split second, same as unplugging it.